Jamalpur is a suburb (small town) of Munger and a Municipality in Munger district in the Indian state of Bihar. It is the place where Ananda Marga Pracaraka Samgha founder Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar was born and spent many years of his life.
Location and details
Jamalpur is a small town of Munger district of Bihar, India. The word Jamalpur literally means beautiful town (Jamal=beautiful, pur=town).
Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar and Jamalpur
In 1921 Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar was born in Jamalpur and spent first 18 years of his life. In 1939 Sarkar left Jamalpur for Kolkata to attend Vidyasagar College of the University of Calcutta. Sarkar had to quit his studies to support his family after the death of his father, and from 1944 until the early 1950s, Sarkar worked as an accountant at the Indian railways headquarters in Jamalpur, Bihar.
Ananda Marga Pracaraka Samgha at Jamalpur
There is a centre of Ananda Marga Pracaraka Samgha at Jamalpur.
- "Jamalpur Map — Satellite Images of Jamalpur" Map of India retrieved 1 August 2014
- "How to reach Jamalpur" MakeMyTrip retrieved 1 August 2014
- Garda Ghista (28 January 2011) Shrii Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar: Beacon of Hope for Suffering Humanity AuthorHouse pp. 1– ISBN 978-1-4567-1530-4
- Naveen Joshi (4 December 2009) My Baba AuthorHouse pp. 91– ISBN 978-1-4490-3643-0
- Ganga Ram Garg (1992) Encyclopaedia of the Hindu World Concept Publishing Company pp. 410– ISBN 978-81-7022-375-7
- Tmh (1 March 2007) Tmh General Knowledge Manual Tata McGraw-Hill Education pp. 1– ISBN 978-0-07-061999-9
- James K. Walker (2007) The Concise Guide to Today's Religions and Spirituality Harvest House Publishers pp. 31– ISBN 978-0-7369-2011-7