Phalguner agun laga
|Phalguner agun laga|
|Music and lyrics |
by Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar
|Date||1983 February 13|
|Location in Sarkarverse|
|Roman script[nb 1]||Bengali script||Translation|
Phálguner águn lágá
Igniting a Springfire[nb 2]
- For details on the notation, see Roman Bengali transliteration.
- Phalgun is the month that typically occurs from mid-February to mid-March. The first day of Phalgun marks the beginning of Spring. This song was given on the first day of Phalgun in 1983. The fire referred to here seems to have broader symbolic meaning than the crimson color of the flowers of the palash tree, mentioned in the next line.
- Jewel box of mind is a poetic way of describing the intellectual and intuitive self. In yogic terms, this would be the pure aham (I do) and mahat (I am) aspects of individual self that transcend mind.
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (2016) Prabhat Samgiita – Songs 201-300 Translated by Acarya Abhidevananda Avadhuta Tel Aviv: AmRevolution, Inc. ASIN B01IGQOJZ6
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (1994) Acarya Vijayananda Avadhuta, ed. Prabhat Samgiita Volume 1 (in Bengali) (2nd ed.) Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications ISBN 81-7252-082-4
Arun tomar bhorer aloy
With: Phalguner agun laga
| Succeeded by|
Bandhu amar balite para