|Shabda Cayanika (Parts 1 to 5)|
"Shabda Cayanika": the front covers of Parts 1, 2, 3 and 4-5
|Author||Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar|
|Subject||Philology and Philosophy|
|Publisher||Ananda Marga Publications|
|Publication date||1996 (first edition) (IND)|
Part 1: 81–7252–027–1|
Part 2: 81–7252–102–2
Part 3: 81–7252–156–1
Part 4 & 5: 81–7252–258–4
|Location in Sarkarverse|
Shabda Cayanika ("A Collection of Words") is a series of books in the form of an etymological encyclopedia that assembles a vast number of discourses given in his native Bengali language by the philosopher and social reformer Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar[note 1] aka Shrii Shrii Anandamurti (1921–1990).[note 2] The total number of volumes of the collection is twenty-six but only five have been published in English.[note 3] This series, together with other volumes like "Varna Vijinana" (or "Science of Letters"), "Sarkar's English Grammar and Composition", "Varna Vicitra (or "Various Uses of Letters") is part of the vast work of the author in the field of philology (see Academic Dictionaries and Encyclopedias in Academic.ru).
Since 1985 the author began to give the speeches that were later transcribed and called Shabda Cayanika. As stated by the publisher on the book's preface: "Ostensibly, Shabda Cayaniká is a series devoted to the linguistics and philology of the Bengali language, but in reality it is much more than that. The author uses the platform of the word as a point of departure to take the reader on a journey through all the varied landscapes of human knowledge history, geography, medicine, science, art, religion, philosophy, etc. and in the process adds the indelible stamp of his own unique intellect, enriching our experience with new ideas and enabling us to see our human heritage in a way we have never been able to before."
In various parts of the series the author talks about economy (see, for example, Prout Globe) and social problems emphasizing the irrationality of many anti-social behaviour perpetrated by men in the name of God (see f.e. Prout Globe). The Microvita researcher Ram Shettigar, speaking about Devayonii Microvita in his article quote this book.
- Giani Zail Singh, seventh president of India has said about Sarkar: "Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar was one of the greatest modern philosophers of India. (Inayatullah, 2002).
- Between 1955 and 1990 the author wrote in English, Bengali and Hindi. He wrote in the name "Shrii Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar" when treating sociology, economics, philology and various other subjects, and in the name ""Shrii Shrii Ánandamúrti"" when focusing on spiritual topics. Many of his books he gave as dictations; others were compiled from his discourses, some of them in small pocket-books.
- The collection was initially published in Bengali on 1985.
- Ananda Marga Publications.
- Academic.ru - Academic Dictionaries and Encyclopedias: "Sarkar's Linguistic Concepts and Criteria".
- Sarkar 1996 first English edit..
- Sarkar Part 15-not yet published.
- Sarkar 1996 first English edit., p. 3.
- Prout Globe: "Children of Vena..".
- Prout Globe: ""From Matriarchy to Patriarchy"".
- Shettigar, Ram.
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (1996 first English edit.), Shabda Cayanika Part 1, Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications, ISBN 81-7252-027-1
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (1996 first English edit.), Shabda Cayanika Part 2, Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications, ISBN 81-7252-102-2
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (1999 first English edit.), Shabda Cayanika Part 3, Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications, ISBN 81-7252-156-1
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (2011 first English edit.), Shabda Cayanika Part 4 & 5, Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications, ISBN 81-7252-258-4
- Inayatullah, Sohail (2002), Understanding Sarkar: The Indian Episteme, Macrohistory and Transformative Knowledge, Leiden: Brill
- Shettigar, Ram, Devayony Microvita, Microvita.org, retrieved January 12, 2013
- Academic.ru "Academic Dictionaries and Encyclopedias - "Sarkar's Linguistic Concepts and Criteria"" retrieved January 12, 2013
- Prout Globe "Children of Vena: Fourth World Rising (quoting Discourse 10 of Shabda Cayanika Part 2)" retrieved January 12, 2013
- Prout Globe "From Matriarchy to Patriarchy (quoting Kaoma’ra of Shabda Cayanika Part 9-not yet published in English)" retrieved January 12, 2013
- Prout Globe "Economic Depressions (quoting Shabda Cayanika Part 15-not yet published in English)" retrieved January 12, 2013
- Ananda Marga publications "Books by P.R. Sarkar" Shop.anandamarga.org retrieved 2012-12-23