Sharat oi ase oi ase oi ase
|Sharata oi ase oi ase oi ase|
|Music and lyrics |
by Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar
|Date||1982 November 18|
|Music||Mandakranta meter, Dadra (fast)|
|Location in Sarkarverse|
|Roman script[nb 1]||Bengali script||Translation|
Sharat oi áse oi áse oi áse
শরৎ ওই আসে ওই আসে ওই আসে
Autumn, there she comes, there she comes, there she comes—
- For details on the notation, see Roman Bengali transliteration.
- Here both the literal and the technical translation apply. Mandákrántá is a metric style employed in classic Samskrta verse. It is often used for expressing mystic love. In mandákrántá, the number of syllables and the pattern of heavy and light syllables is maintained strictly throughout each verse. Rhyming may or may not be there; however, in this example of mandákrántá, that too is maintained. Literally, the word, mandákrántá, means "lady slowly approaching" or "slow stepper".
- The night-flowering jasmine, known as shephali or shiuli in Bengali, is a shrub whose fragrant flowers open at dusk and close at dawn. The flower is the official state flower of West Bengal.
- Kusha, also known as darbha or durba, is a perennial, long pasture grass. It is used not only as fodder but also as part of various Hindu rituals. In Chapter 6 Verse 11 of the Bhagavad Giitá, Krśńa recommends kusha as the ideal foundation for the spiritual aspirant's meditation mat.
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (2016) Prabhat Samgiita – Songs 101-200 Translated by Acarya Abhidevananda Avadhuta Tel Aviv: AmRevolution, Inc. ASIN B01I8E8A0G ISBN 9781386077879
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (1993) Acarya Vijayananda Avadhuta, ed. Prabhat Samgiita Volume 1 Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications ISBN 81-7252-041-7
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (1994) Acarya Vijayananda Avadhuta, ed. Prabhat Samgiita Volume 1 (in Bengali) (2nd ed.) Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications ISBN 81-7252-082-4
- Ramachander, P.R. Bhagavad Gita in Free English Verse
- Listen to the song Sharat oi ase oi ase oi ase sung by Acarya Priyashivananda Avadhuta on Sarkarverse
Pathik tumi ekakii ese
With: Sharata oi ase oi ase oi ase
| Succeeded by|
Sharat tomar surer mayay