|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Prabhat Samgiita article.|
|A fact from Prabhat Samgiita appeared on Sarkarverse's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 21 October 2013 (check views). The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know
A few points for consideration
A few points for consideration:
- Will the use of small caps for the first item under Sources (and "Online sources") be a regular feature? I have no objection if this is so. I merely prefer consistency.
- Again, under Sources, is there any good reason why we are presenting the name of Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar with a Roman-script spelling that he did not use (and that is inconsistent with the preferred spelling on Sarkarverse)? Note that nowhere else on Sarkarverse do we use or encourage "Shrii Prabhát Raiṋjan Sarkár" (with the honorific, the uccis, and a nicci). I think that the name should be written simply as "Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan" (without the honorific 'Shrii' and with a single link, not a double link as currently found). I also would strongly discourage such type of needlessly confusing pedantry. Already, this article dwells at length and very early on such type of subject matter, which is at best peripheral to the main topic, that is, the music and lyrics of Prabhat Samgiita.
- Under "External links", can anyone confirm that prabhatasamgiita.net is in fact an "official" website for Prabhat Samgiita. I have no information that this is so. If no one can confirm such information, then that site should be referenced without declaring it as "official".
- This article greatly requires both an infobox and an SVmap_NonliteraryWorks.png. The infobox should _not_ present Prabhat Samgiita as "Indian music" but rather as universal music, because much of Prabhat Samgiita is a blending of both Eastern and Western styles.
- Few more points
- Use Sfn or Harvnb sources or just plain cite web/news/book.
- Do not use bold formatting unnecessarily. 11:12, 5 November 2013 (MST)
Reference section requires cleanup. some references are broken.06:16, 21 May 2014 (MDT)