Tomar e ki bhalabasar riiti
|Tomar e ki bhalabasar riiti|
|Music and lyrics |
by Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar
|Date||1983 April 11|
|Location in Sarkarverse|
|Roman script[nb 1]||Bengali script||Translation|
Tomár e ki bhálabásár riiti
তোমার এ কি ভালবাসার রীতি
What is this style of love that's Yours?
- For details on the notation, see Roman Bengali transliteration.
- This line is from a poem in Rabindranath Tagore's novel, Shesher Kabita (The Last Poem), written in 1928. (See here.) Tagore's work is a love story with an unusual end, suggesting a conflict of desire, spiritual versus material. As Sarkar had great appreciation for Tagore and was familiar with his works, the parallels between this song and that novel cannot be ignored.
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (2016) Prabhat Samgiita – Songs 401-500 Translated by Acarya Abhidevananda Avadhuta Tel Aviv: AmRevolution, Inc. ASIN B01J19F0P0
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (1994) Acarya Vijayananda Avadhuta, ed. Prabhat Samgiita Volume 1 (in Bengali) (2nd ed.) Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications ISBN 81-7252-082-4
- Listen to the song Tomar e ki bhalabasar riiti sung by Acarya Priyashivananda Avadhuta on Sarkarverse
Gopane gopane eso go nayane
With: Tomar e ki bhalabasar riiti
| Succeeded by|
Alakar prabhu namiya eseche