Neohumanism in a Nutshell
Neohumanism in a Nutshell is a series of 2 books (a third volume has not yet been printed) published for the first time on 1987 and part of the vast literary heritage of the philosopher and social reformer Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar aka Shrii Shrii Anandamurti (1921–1990).[note 3]
|Neohumanism in a Nutshell|
|Author||Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar|
|Publisher||Ananda Marga Publications|
|Publication date||1999 (1987) (IND)|
|Location in Sarkarverse|
The series contain discourses on "Neohumanism" given on various occasions by the author of this philosophical theory. Sarkar first gave emphasis on the concept of neohumanism in 1981, with the series of speeches that were later published in the book Liberation of Intellect: Neo-Humanism (or also "The Liberation of Intellect: Neohumanism"). Nevertheless he had already been using the term "Neohumanism" (Naya' Ma'navata'va'd or Navyama'navata'va'd) for at least ten years prior to that. After the publication of the previous book, when the author was still alive, various other of his discourses on this subject were collected. The first two parts of that series were published in English on 1987 with the name of "Neohumanism in a Nutshell" Part 1 and Part 2. The books have been published in Hindi[note 5] and translated into other languages too.
- Marcus Bussey[note 6] on his published paper on "Global Education from a Neohumanist Perspective" and on his thesis "Where next for pedagogy?" mentioned the Part 1 of the book.
- Shambhushivananda, speaking about the two human dimensions of "inner ecology" and "outer ecology" from a neohumanist perspective, in his essay "Roots of Societal Transformation", also quote the book underlining the attempts made by the Sarkar's neohumanists concepts "to reconcile inner and outer; individual and collective; tradition and modernity; rational and intuitive; material and mystical; local and global; living and non-living; and pragmatism and idealism".
- Brim and Anandarama mention eight times the different parts of "Neohumanism in a Nutshell"'s volumes on their book "Foundations of Neohumanist Education". This book is used by the teachers of the neohumanistic school around the world.
- "Neohumanism in a Nutshell Part 1 on the publisher's site" Ananda Marga Publications 1999 retrieved 2012-12-23
- "Neohumanism in a Nutshell Part 2 on the publisher's site" Ananda Marga Publications 1987 retrieved 2012-12-23
- Between 1955 and 1990 the author wrote in English, Bengali and Hindi. He wrote in the name "Shrii Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar" when treating sociology, economics, philology and various other subjects, and in the name ""Shrii Shrii Ánandamúrti"" when focusing on spiritual topics. Many of his books he gave as dictations; others were compiled from his discourses, some of them in small pocket-books.
- Ananda Marga Gurukula is an international educational network of over 1200 schools and institutes based on Neohumanist Education. See (Inayatullah, Bussey and Milojević, 2006 p. 370).
- Hindi version Kanika Mein Navya Manvatawad
- University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia.
- Brim, Arete; Anandarama, Avadhutika (2010), Foundations of Neohumanist Education, Anandanagar: Ananda Marga Gurukula, ISBN 978-8189718-36-7
- Bussey, Marcus (Aug. 2007), "Global Education from a Neohumanist Perspective: A Musical Exposition", Journal of Futures Studies, 12(1): 25–40, retrieved 2013-01-01
- Bussey, Marcus (2008), "Where next for pedagogy? Critical agency in educational Futures", Doctor of Philosophy at Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, University of the Sunshine Coast (Thesis) 1, Sippy Downs (QLD - Au), p. 334
- Inayatullah, Sohail; Bussey, Marcus; Milojević, Ivana (2006), Neohumanist Educational Futures:Liberating the Pedagogical Intellect, Taipei: Tamkang University Press, p. 393, ISBN 986-7385-63-2, retrieved 2013-01-01
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (1999 (2nd edition)), Neohumanism in a Nutshell Part 1, Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications, ISBN 81-7252-184-7
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (1987 (1st edition)), Neohumanism in a Nutshell Part 2, Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications
- Shambhushivananda, Dada (Sept. 2011), "Roots of Societal Transformation", in Motlagh, Vahid V., Global Citizenship in 2040: Six Scenarios Conference proceedings: "Ricomporre Babele Educare al cosmopolitismo", Colle di Val d'Elsa (SI): Biblioteca della Fondazione Intercultura, p. 387
- Ananda Marga Publications (2012) "Web site" Ananda Marga Publications retrieved 3 January 2013
- Ananda Marga Publications (1999) "Neohumanism in a Nutshell Part 1 on the publisher's site" Ananda Marga Publications retrieved 2012-12-23
- Ananda Marga Publications (1987) "Neohumanism in a Nutshell Part 2 on the publisher's site" Ananda Marga Publications retrieved 2012-12-23