Amay chotta ekti man diyecho
|Amay chotta ekti man diyecho|
|Music and lyrics |
by Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar
|Date||1982 October 4|
|Location in Sarkarverse|
|Roman script[nb 1]||Bengali script||Translation|
Ámáy chot́t́a ekt́i man diyecho
আমায় ছোট্ট একটি মন দিয়েছো
You've given me a mind that's small,
This is how Sarkar himself described the meaning of the song—
Oh, Macrocosm, You have given me a very small mind, a unit mind, a microcosmic mind; and You expect so much from this little mind. You are calling me from the twinkling of distant stars, through the openings of the clouds. But You know, there are hundreds of bondages in this world, and I am entangled in all these bondages – in the fragrance of the earth, in the leaves of the trees, in the flow of the rivers, in the distant azure sky – how can I respond to Your call? Oh, my Lord, if You are very near to me, then why do You call me from such a distance? I know it is because You want me to be still closer to You. And I also want to be still closer to You. And I also want You closer to me.
- For details on the notation, see Roman Bengali transliteration.
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (2016) Prabhat Samgiita – Songs 1-100 Translated by Acarya Abhidevananda Avadhuta Tel Aviv: AmRevolution, Inc. ASIN B01I58LZWK ISBN 9781386726890
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (1993) Acarya Vijayananda Avadhuta, ed. Prabhat Samgiita Volume 1 Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications ISBN 81-7252-041-7
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (1994) Acarya Vijayananda Avadhuta, ed. Prabhat Samgiita Volume 1 (in Bengali) (2nd ed.) Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications ISBN 81-7252-082-4
- Unpublished transcription from audio recording.
- Listen to the song Amay chotta ekti man diyecho sung by Acarya Priyashivananda Avadhuta on Sarkarverse
Bandhu tomay kii balibo
With: Amay chotta ekti man diyecho
| Succeeded by|
Tumi marme ese amar ghum bhaungale