Ananda Marga Elementary Philosophy
|Ananda Marga Elementary Philosophy|
The front cover page of the book[note 1]
|Author||Shrii Shrii Anandamurti|
|Subject||Philosophy, Yoga, Tantra|
|Publisher||Ananda Marga Publications|
|Publication date||1991 (IND)|
|Location in Sarkarverse|
Ananda Marga Elementary Philosophy is a book of 134 pages and 9 chapters. The volume, part of the literary heritage of the philosopher and social reformer Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar[note 2] aka Shrii Shrii Anandamurti (1921–1990), is a compilation of discourses and an introduction to his philosophy.[note 3]
The book, along with "Problems of the Day", was one of the first–published (of more than 200 books) by the author and contains the elementary philosophy of Ananda Marga, the socio-spiritual movement which he founded in 1955. It has been translated into several languages.
The book has been divided into following chapters—
- What Is Dharma?
- What Is the Cosmic Entity?
- What Is This World?
- Who Am I and What Am I?
- What Is My Relation with the Universe and the Cosmic Entity?
- How Should Human Beings Live In This World?
- What Is the Aim of Humanity?
- Intuitional Practice and Its Necessity
- Why Are People Afraid of Intuitional Practice?
- "Ananda Marga Elementary Philosophy" as it appears on the publisher's web site, Ananda Marga Publications, 1991, retrieved 27 December 2012
- Giani Zail Singh, seventh president of India has said about Sarkar: "Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar was one of the greatest modern philosophers of India. (Inayatullah, 2002).
- Between 1955 and 1990 the author wrote in English, Bengali and Hindi. He wrote in the name "Shrii Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar" when treating sociology, economics, philology and various other subjects, and in the name ""Shrii Shrii Ánandamúrti"" when focusing on spiritual topics. Many of his books he gave as dictations; others were compiled from his discourses, some of them in small pocket-books.
- Anandamurti, Shrii Shrii (1955 (1st ed)), Ánanda Márga Elementary Philosophy, Jamalpur: Ananda Marga Pubs, ISBN 81-7252-117-0
- Inayatullah, Sohail (2002), Understanding Sarkar: The Indian Episteme, Macrohistory and Transformative Knowledge, Leiden: Brill
- Ananda Marga Publications (1991) ""Ananda Marga Elementary Philosophy" as it appears on the publisher's web site" retrieved 27 December 2012
- Anandamurti, Shrii Shrii "Ánanda Márga Elementary Philosophy - Spanish edition" Ananda Marga retrieved 1 January 2013
- Anandamurti, Shrii Shrii "Ánanda Márga Elementary Philosophy - Brasilian edition" Ananda Marga retrieved 1 January 2013