Bathing Procedure and Pitr Yajina
|Bathing Procedure and Pitr Yajina|
|Speaker||Shrii Shrii Anandamurti|
|Included in||Ananda Marga Caryacarya Part 3|
|Location in Sarkarverse|
In this chapter Anandamurti instructed bathing procedure.
Anandamurtiji told that while taking bath—
- first one should pour water on the navel portion of his/her body
- then he should wet the region below the navel by splashing water from the front
- then he has to pour water from behind
- after that he will pour water on the crown of the head in such a way that it trickles down over the backbone.
- after doing that he can bathe all over.
If someone does not want to take a dip bath, he should first pour water over the waist, on the navel region, and below, in the above-mentioned way, and then take the dip.
After finishing bath, before drying body, one should recite the following mantra while performing the prescribed mudrá and looking at any luminous object:
|Devanagari script||Roman script|
पितृ पुरुषेभ्य नमः ऋषि देवेभ्य नमः
Pitr puruśebhyo namah rśi devebhyo namah.
Anandamurtiji asked to repeat the mantra for three times. He told, remembering the rśis and ancestors in this way is known as Pitr Yajiṋa. Pitr Yajiṋa should be performed as a daily duty even if one’s father is alive.
Anandamurtiji told that one must recite each portion of the mantra as shown in the illustration below. The arrows indicate the intended direction of movement of the hands to reach the next position. He reminded to do it at the end of the bath.
|Ananda Marga Caryacarya Part 3
With: Bathing Procedure and Pitr Yajina
Procedure for Eating