Era kannay bhaunga rudhirete rauna
|Era kannay bhaunga rudhirete rauna|
|Music and lyrics
by Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar
|Date||1982 October 23|
|Location in Sarkarverse|
|Roman script[nb 1]||Bengali script||Translation|
(Erá) Kánnáy bháuṋgá rudhirete ráuṋá
(এরা) কান্নায় ভাঙ্গা রুধিরেতে রাঙা
Broken and weeping are the downtrodden,[nb 2]
This is how Sarkar himself described the meaning of the song—
Those downtrodden people, whose lives are filled with weeping, who have no aspirations, whose existences have no charm of vitality – let us guide them on the path of light. Let us educate them. Let us fulfill their demands and their needs. Let us restore their lost dignity. With our hearts overflowing with love, let the sufferings of each be shared by all, for this world belongs to us all.
- For details on the notation, see Roman Bengali transliteration.
- Literally, made red with their own blood; figuratively, suppressed and oppressed.
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (2019) Prabhat Samgiita – Songs 1-100 Translated by Acarya Abhidevananda Avadhuta (3rd ed.) Tel Aviv: AmRevolution, Inc. ASIN B082RDDH81 ISBN 9781386726890
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (1993) Acarya Vijayananda Avadhuta, ed. Prabhat Samgiita Volume 1 Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications ISBN 81-7252-041-7
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (1994) Acarya Vijayananda Avadhuta, ed. Prabhat Samgiita Volume 1 (in Bengali) (2nd ed.) Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications ISBN 81-7252-082-4
- Prabhat Samgiita lyrics from Prabhatasamgiita.net
- Listen to the song Era kannay bhaunga rudhirete rauna sung by Acarya Priyashivananda Avadhuta on Sarkarverse
Bakula gandhe madhuranande
With: Era kannay bhaunga rudhirete rauna