Ogo amar adarer mati
|Ogo amar adarer mati|
|Music and lyrics |
by Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar
|Date||1983 March 18|
|Location in Sarkarverse|
Ogo amar adarer mati is the 355th song of Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar's Prabhat Samgiita.
|Roman script[nb 1]||Bengali script||Translation|
Ogo ámár ádarer mát́i
ওগো আমার আদরের মাটি
Oh my dear mother,[nb 2]
- ^ For details on the notation, see Roman Bengali transliteration.
- ^ Typically, the word mát́i would be translated as the soil (earth). However, it can also mean the mother (má-t́i). In this song, both concepts are mingled; the song could be about the soil or about the mother. In other words, the soil is being likened to and addressed as a mother; or the mother is being praised with metaphors of the soil. This could be treated as an ecological song or a song in praise of women, promoting their social elevation. For reference, see also Nacer tale egiye cale.
- ^ Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (2019) Prabhat Samgiita Songs 301-400 Translated by Acarya Abhidevananda Avadhuta (2nd ed.) Tel Aviv: AmRevolution, Inc. ASIN B082VHJBK1 ISBN 9781386489122
- ^ Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (1994) Acarya Vijayananda Avadhuta, ed. Prabhat Samgiita Volume 1 (in Bengali) (2nd ed.) Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications ISBN 81-7252-082-4
- Listen to the song Ogo amar adarer mati sung by Acarya Priyashivananda Avadhuta on Sarkarverse
Prabhu tomar liilar chale
With: Ogo amar adarer mati
Jhara kusumera vyatha bojho na