Pranakrsnananda Avadhuta is a yogic monk of Ananda Marga Pracaraka Samgha since 1971 and a social activist in New York City, where he also teaches Raja Yoga or Astaunga yoga meditation. While participating in the Occupy Wall Street protests, he became one of the first to be arrested on Brooklyn Bridge on October 1, 2011.
Dada Pranakrsnananda warned that the focus of the OWS protests could shift to the conflict between the movement and the police, when it should remain on the injustice of corporate greed and inequity of wealth in society.
- Pranakrsnananda is the spiritual name and Dada (or Dadaji, when intended with more respect), means elder brother in several Indian languages and means grandfather in hindi. While 'dada' is used in everyday life by people to address grandfather or elder brother.
- "Interview with Dada Pranakrsnananda" PMc Magazine July, 2011 retrieved December 21, 2011
- "Interview with a yogic monk arrested at Occupy Wall Street – video" guardian.co.uk November 16, 2011 retrieved January 12, 2012
- Anna Orso (October 4, 2011) "Wall Street protests go viral and spread" The Daily Collegian retrieved January 11, 2012
- "Interview with a Yogic Monk Activist" OWS web site October 3, 2011 retrieved November 23, 2011