Uttisthata Jagrata is a discourse given by Shrii Shrii Anandamurti. This discourse is the second in the series Ananda Vacanamrtam Part 1.
In this discourse Anandamurti discusses a verse of Katha Upanishad—
Uttiśt́hata jágrata prápya barán nibodhata;
Kśurasya dhárá nishitá duratyayá durgaḿ pathastat kavayo vadanti.
For jiṋániis (those who want to realize God only with intellect) and logicians, the path of Dharma is a razor’s path, but, for sádhakas (spiritual practitioners), it is like a flower
— Shrii Shrii Anandamurti
In this Upanishad verse, the path of Supreme attainment was compared to a razor’s edge and it was also told that walking on a religious path is like walking on a razor edge.
Now, Anandamurti observes that common people generally think that they are bereft of intellect and they are ignorant and that's why they can't travel the path, they want to know the way out.
According to Anandamurti, the way out is devotion. One must go ahead with it. Wherever there is devotion, there is Paramátmá. God is attainable only by devotion and He is always with his devotees.
- ^ a b c d Shrii Shrii Anandamurti Ananda Vacanamrtam Part 1
- Brahma Cakra
- The Three Vital Factors
- Svábhávika Dharma and Bhágavata Dharma
- Scope for Environmental Adjustment
- Our Concept of Creation and Cosmic Mind
- Concept of Guńábhivyakti and Jad́asphot́a
- The Difference Between Developed and Undeveloped Mind
- Savikalpa and Nirvikalpa Samádhi
- Guńayantraka and Svarúpa Parińáma
- Our Concept of Táraka Brahma
- Abhedajiṋána and Daeshika Vyavadhána Vilopa
- Dasha, Bháva and Mahábháva
- Samádhi and Mrtyu
- Liilábháva and Nityabháva
- Bhusuku and Brahmabháva
- Yatamána, Vyatireka, Ekendriya and Vashiikára
- The Liila of Parama Puruśa
- Sálokya, Sámiipya, Sáyujya, Sárúpya, Sárśt́hi
- Pashvácára, Viirácára and Divyácára
- Samádhi, Senselessness and Sleep
- Atimánasa Yoga Samádhi
- Conversion of Energy
- Change of Objects
- Mind, Memory and Colours
- The Mana-Pradhána Creature
- Pará and Apará Knowledge
- Liilá and Kriidá
- You Must Live Glorious Lives