Niilainjan ankiya nayane
|Niilainjan ankiya nayane|
|Music and lyrics |
by Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar
|Date||1983 June 3|
|Location in Sarkarverse|
|Roman script[nb 1]||Bengali script||Translation|
Niiláiṋjan áṋkiyá nayane
নীলাঞ্জন আঁকিয়া নয়নে
Lining Your eyes with blue kohl,
- For details on the notation, see Roman Bengali transliteration.
- One of many names for the múládhára cakra, the lowermost plexus according to tantra, is mańipadma.
- In Tantric practice, when the kuńd́alinii (serpentine force) crosses the múládhára cakra, there comes the feeling of sálokya. ("I am not alone; the Lord may be a bit distant, but He is with me.") Along with that feeling, the stridulation of crickets may be heard.
- The uncommon term, hrdákásha (হৃদাকাশ), is quite similar in meaning to cidákásha in the last line of this song. Perhaps there is a slightly greater sense of love in respect to the former term. For more information, see Note 6 below.
- The sound heard upon mastery of the anáhata cakra, the sidereal plexus (sometimes referred to as the yogic heart), is that of a large gong or the roaring of the sea. The feeling that comes at that stage is sárúpya. ("Not only is the Lord very close to me, but I see Him in every particle of the universe.")
- According to the Samsad Bengali-English Dictionary, cidákásha (চিদাকাশ) has multiple meanings, all of them pertinent here. In its loose but popular sense, the word simply means the canvas or firmament of mind. However, this line effectively establishes the broader meaning of cidákásha as the Supreme Entity, conceived as a placid and indifferent sky as well as the mind itself.
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (2019) Prabhat Samgiita – Songs 501-600 Translated by Acarya Abhidevananda Avadhuta (3rd ed.) Tel Aviv: AmRevolution, Inc. ASIN B082X65YMB ISBN 9781386728276
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (1994) Acarya Vijayananda Avadhuta, ed. Prabhat Samgiita Volume 2 (in Bengali) (2nd ed.) Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications ISBN 81-7252-084-0
- Anandamurti, Shrii Shrii (1969) "Salokya, Samiipya, Sayujya, Sarupya, Sarsthi" Ananda Vacanamrtam Part 33 Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications (published 1999) ISBN 81-7252-157-X
- Anandamurti, Shrii Shrii (1997) "Krsna Imparts Six Stages of Realization" Namami Krsnasundaram (2nd Edition ed.) Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications ISBN 81-7252-111-1
Maya malaince mayar mukul
With: Niilainjan ankiya nayane
Ami dhulikana alor sagare