Adideva pashupati nao mama pranati
|Adideva pashupati nao mama pranati|
|Music and lyrics
by Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar
|Date||1984 March 24|
|Location in Sarkarverse|
|Roman script[nb 1]||Bengali script||Translation|
Ádideva pashupati náo mama prańati
আদিদেব পশুপতি নাও মম প্রণতি
Shiva, first among the gods, please accept my prostration,
- For details on the notation, see Roman Bengali transliteration.
- In the first two lines, we find a litany of names for Lord Shiva: Ádideva, Pashupati, Hara, and Mahádeva. Each name has significance in its place and in the overall context of this song; but only a few have been defined here. Other names or epithets of Shiva appear later in the song: Rajatanaganibha, Sadáshiva, and Devádideva.
- The Hindu god of wealth.
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (2020) Prabhat Samgiita – Songs 1401-1500 Translated by Acarya Abhidevananda Avadhuta (2nd ed.) Tel Aviv: AmRevolution, Inc. ASIN B084LPYLHV ISBN 9781393988007
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (1998) Acarya Vijayananda Avadhuta, ed. Prabhat Samgiita Volume 3 (in Bengali) (2nd ed.) Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications ISBN 81-7252-155-3
Currently, only the following audio rendition is available. However, it does not accord with the prescribed notation, which includes a fast tempo after the first line of each stanza.
- Listen to the song Adideva pashupati nao mama pranati sung by Acarya Priyashivananda Avadhuta on Sarkarverse
Tomar mamatva tomar mahattva
With: Adideva pashupati nao mama pranati
O se madhurata makha shyamaray