Tumi amar sonari kamal
|Tumi amar sonari kamal|
|Music and lyrics |
by Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar
|Date||1983 March 25|
|Location in Sarkarverse|
|Roman script[nb 1]||Bengali script||Translation|
Tumi ámár sonári kamal
তুমি আমার সোণারই কমল
You are my golden lotus.[nb 2]
- For details on the notation, see Roman Bengali transliteration.
- The golden color might be connected with the hirańmaya kośa, literally "golden layer", which is the subtlest portion of mind. In yoga, it is said that the hirańmaya kośa is attracted only to the Supreme Guru.
- In yoga, meditation on the Supreme Guru is typically performed at the guru cakra. The guru cakra is visualized as a hundred-petaled lotus, and the Guru is seated therein. The guru cakra is located just below sahasrára cakra (the thousand-petaled plexus), located at or just above the anterior fontanelle.
- It is said that the lotus grows in muddy water, but still it remains clean.
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (2019) Prabhat Samgiita Songs 301-400 Translated by Acarya Abhidevananda Avadhuta (2nd ed.) Tel Aviv: AmRevolution, Inc. ASIN B082VHJBK1 ISBN 9781386489122
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (1994) Acarya Vijayananda Avadhuta, ed. Prabhat Samgiita Volume 1 (in Bengali) (2nd ed.) Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications ISBN 81-7252-082-4
Prathama jiivane tumi aso niko
With: Tumi amar sonari kamal
Tumi esecho na bale