Notability is a test used by editors to decide whether a topic can have its own article. Information on Sarkarverse must be both notable and verifiable.
General notability guidelines
- The subject matter must have received significant coverage, appearing in published and reliable primary or secondary sources.
- The subject matter must be accurate. If the sources seem to be contradicted by both conventional wisdom and logic, or if generally reliable sources are in dispute over the subject matter, notability may come into question due to uncertainty regarding the event. In such cases, the subject matter may be either omitted as non-notable or presented as controversial.
Notability by topic
Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar
- All published works (including books, discourses, songs, and so on) are notable.
- primary or secondary sources are notable. All non-trivial and verifiable events that have been covered by reliable
- Unverifiable, undocumented events of Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar's life are not notable. Such events might be mentioned in an article (with ascription of the source), but they would not be worthy of a dedicated article.
Renunciate disciples of Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar
- renunciate implies notability, but the reasons for notability must be implicit within the relevant article. The status of a senior
- acarya or even purodha, notability would also require distinguished service, in accordance with the general notability guidelines. Merely being a renunciate does not confer automatic notability. Although a renunciate may have the status of
Householder disciples of Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar
- acarya or purodha implies notability, but the reasons for notability must be implicit within the relevant article. The status of householder
- Merely being a disciple of Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar does not confer automatic notability. Sarkarverse is not a site for hosting personal webpages or mere advertisements.
- Ananda Marga Pracaraka Samgha, Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team, Renaissance Universal, Renaissance Artists and Writers Association, Seva Dharma Mission, Ananda Marga Seva Dal, Proutist Universal, and so on) are notable. All registered or unregistered foundations established under the direction of Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar (including
- general notability guidelines are met. Foundations inspired by the ideology of Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar but not directly established by Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar (for example, a social movement or a music publishing organization) may be deemed notable if the
- Each and every branch of a notable foundation is not inherently notable. As far as possible, branches should be presented in a hierarchical fashion, with only the main branch(es) detailed in the foundation article. Subordinate branches would receive an article only if the general notability guidelines are satisfied.
- general notability guidelines, it would not merit a dedicated article. Official and officially endorsed websites connected with notable foundations would best be referenced as an external link in the article for the pertinent foundation. Unless the website itself meets the
Points to note
- Notability is not temporary: Once a topic has been the subject of significant coverage in accordance with the general notability guidelines, it does not need to have ongoing coverage.
- Notability is not country-dependent: Notable in Australia but not worldwide is not a valid argument. If a subject is notable in any country in the world, an article may be written on Sarkarverse.
- Notability may be disputed: Determination of what constitutes significant coverage is somewhat subjective. Similarly, determination of the best way to handle controversial subjects is also somewhat subjective. Subjective matters may be disputed. When that occurs, best would be to resolve the dispute by discussion on the talk page of the article under dispute. If no amiable solution is found in that fashion, a more formal process may be invoked wherein an administrator would intercede to take a decision. The decision of an administrator may be appealed to a bureaucrat, whose decision would be final. Such an appeal might incur a substantial wait time. While awaiting the ruling of a bureaucrat, the decision of the administrator remains in force and must be respected by all.