Tumi esechile varasar rate
|Tumi esechile varasar rate|
|Music and lyrics |
by Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar
|Date||1983 March 10|
|Location in Sarkarverse|
|Roman script[nb 1]||Bengali script||Translation|
Tumi esechile varaśár ráte
তুমি এসেছিলে বরষার রাতে
You came on a rainy night,
- For details on the notation, see Roman Bengali transliteration.
- The screwpine is a palm-like tree with a drooping appearance. It is native to the tropics and subtropics. The tree is dioecious in nature, that is, the male and female flowers grow on separate trees. Male flowers are tiny, white, and very shortlived; but they are highly valued for their fragrance. Those flowers are harvested (primarily in Orissa) early in the morning, because the fragrance is lost soon after the flower opens. For more information see here.
- Krsna is said to have been born on the eighth day (aśt́amii) of the dark fortnight in Bhádra (the fifth month of the Bengali calendar, roughly mid-August to mid-September).
- The kadam, also known as kadamba, is a genus of evergreen trees, native to the Indian subcontinent, Southern China, and Southeast Asia. Its sweetly fragrant flower is used in the production of Indian sandalwood perfume.
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (2016) Prabhat Samgiita – Songs 301-400 Translated by Acarya Abhidevananda Avadhuta Tel Aviv: AmRevolution, Inc. ASIN B01IQNSMCA ISBN 9781386489122
- Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (1994) Acarya Vijayananda Avadhuta, ed. Prabhat Samgiita Volume 1 (in Bengali) (2nd ed.) Kolkata: Ananda Marga Publications ISBN 81-7252-082-4
- Listen to the song Tumi esechile varasar rate sung by Acarya Priyashivananda Avadhuta on Sarkarverse
Sabar majhe hariye gecho
With: Tumi esechile varasar rate
| Succeeded by|