Disposal of the Dead Body
|Disposal of the Dead Body|
|Speaker||Shrii Shrii Anandamurti|
|Included in||Ananda Marga Caryacarya Part 1|
|Location in Sarkarverse|
In this chapter Shrii Shrii Anandamurti told, according to the wish of the individual, the dead body may be either cremated or buried. If a person did not express his/her desire during life regarding this, it is proper to cremate his/her dead body.
He gave a series of instructions too—
- The dead body should be carried silently.
- Before cremation or burial of the dead body, collective Iishvara Prańidhána should be performed.
- The funeral pyre should be lit by the laokika [worldly] son or the nearest relation of the dead person. Likewise, while burying, the son or the nearest relation will first dig the ground and also be the first one to put earth on the corpse.
- During cremation, it should be remembered that the corpse should be thoroughly burnt, maintaining the full dignity of the dead body. In case of a half-burnt corpse, it is better to bury it than to throw it into water.
- The disposal of the dead body and its financial responsibility belong to the society. It is not proper to give any burden to the bereaved family.
|Ananda Marga Caryacarya Part 1
With: Disposal of the Dead Body
| Succeeded by|